New customer FAQs
Why do we charge for adults?
Our facilities are suitable for children and for the younger ones, we would expect them to be supervised on the play frame. We also have strict guidelines on our capacity levels within the setting. This allows us to provide a comfortable and safe environment for our customers. We provide TV and Wi-Fi.
What are our opening times?
Please see our website for opening times. Occasionally this may change but we will always keep you updated via our website.
Do we limit play sessions?
During peak times (for example schools holidays and peak day weekends) we may enforce a play limit to maintain our comfort and safety levels. In these circumstances play sessions are limited to 120 minutes when applied. Otherwise please feel free to stay and play all day
Is there an age restriction?
Big Sky is ideal for 0-12 years. Older children are welcome to help supervise younger siblings.
Can I bring guests?
New guests are always welcome to Big Sky!
Who supervises the children?
Parents and guardians must supervise their children at all times. Please inform your children of the basic rule of play to ensure a safe visit for all. Please ensure older children do not play in the designated baby and toddler areas.
Can I leave my children unattended at Big sky?
No, children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Do you have a behaviour policy?
We want all children and adults to have fun at Big Sky. We therefore operate the following: Any child who behaves in an aggressive manner or continually breaks the rules of play will be brought to their parents/ guardian by a member of the Big Sky team who will explain the issue. We operate a 3-strike rule. If a child is brought back to their parents 3 times the family will be asked to leave. This is to ensure the safety of all children. Any abusive behaviour will not be tolerated and will result in a ban from Big Sky. We hope you have fun in a safe environment, please speak to the Duty Manager if you have any further questions or concerns.
What clothing should the children wear?
Comfortable clothes are ideal, preferably long sleeved tops and long trouser or leggings. Socks must be worn at all times on the play-frames by both children and adults. Trousers are recommended for the climbing wall. Closed toe shoes must be worn on the climbing wall and on the go-kart track. Please remove all jewellery and items from pockets too.
Can we bring a picnic?
The Big Sky Cafe caters for a wide range of dietary requirements. We have a menu for adults too. As a result we do not allow food or drink that is not purchased in our cafe to be consumed. Please note any food that is not purchased at Big Sky will be removed. If you have any questions on this please contact the Duty Manger.
What are the Rules of Play?
1) All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult, over the age of 18, who must remain within the building at all times. Big Sky Soft Play does not accept responsibility for the supervision of children.
2) Our soft play apparatus is only suitable for children who are under 4’11”ft or 150cm in height and under age 11years and under. Children over this height or age can use the climbing wall, trampolines and can supervise younger siblings.
3) After using the toilet, children should wash their hands before entering the play area.
4) Leave badges and jewellery with a responsible adult. Spectacles should only be worn if used with a retainer and shatter proof lenses.
5) SHOES MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE ENTERING THE SOFT PLAY AREA. SOCKS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES, BY BOTH CHILDREN AND ADULTS. (SHOES MUST BE WORN ON THE CLIMBING FRAME AND GO-KART TRACK).
6) All under 4’s must be accompanied by an adult on the main/junior play frame.
7) Play is restricted to 2 hours during busy times. Big Sky may be unable to guarantee a table/seat once admitted.
8) Children and adults are advised to wear long trousers and long sleeved shirts on the play equipment, to minimise risk of personal injury. Clothes should be tucked in at all times. Clothes with ropes and cords should not be worn in the play area.
9) For their safety, we ask that you ensure your children do not climb the slides, or play in front of the slide exits.
10) No sharp objects are permitted in the play area.
11) It is forbidden to climb on the netted walls or the system structure.
12) No food or drink items are allowed on any of the play equipment. Chewing gum is strictly prohibited.
13) It is forbidden to smoke or play with fire within the play centre.
14) Children who are unwell, or who have been unwell, should not visit the centre for at least 48 hours. Children who have become unwell in the soft play area, must leave the building immediately.
15) Balls or other objects must not be thrown at each other.
16) Fighting, bullying, abusive, aggressive, or any type of behaviour deemed to be unsuitable towards Big Sky Soft Play Staff, management, or other members of the public, from either children or adults, will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Management reserve the right to enforce total bans.
17) Parents / guardians must:
- Accept full responsibility to supervise their children at all times.
- Observe their children to ensure that they are capable of using the equipment safely.
- Explain these rules of play to the children and monitor their behaviour.
18) Our equipment is designed for children’s play, adults may supervise their children whilst on the equipment. Adults using any of the equipment do so at their own risk.
19) In the interests of Health and Safety, please ensure that any food debris which falls on the floor is picked/wiped up as soon as possible. Report any spillages to a member of staff.
20) Report all accidents to a member of staff, to ensure that we can provide any necessary assistance and minimise the potential of reoccurrence. These will be logged and are an important part of ongoing safety audits.
21) Please report any damage to Big Sky Soft Play property to a member of staff.
22) Nappy changing and the use of potties etc. must be conducted in either the toilets or designated baby change room. Please ensure all nappies are placed in the correct bin provided.
23) No food or drinks can be consumed in the centre, unless purchased from the café. However, it is permitted to bring food and drink for babies under 1 year. Abuse of this rule, will result in membership being revoked.
24) Report any behavioural concerns to a member of staff. Don’t attempt to intervene yourself.
25) Management reserve the right to refuse entry.
26) We suggest that you leave all valuables at home. We have provided a small number of lockers for hire, but cannot accept liability for any loss or theft that may occur in the building or from the car park.
The Big Sky Soft Play team keep a watchful eye on children as they go about their normal tasks, however children will always remain the full responsibility of the parent/guardian or organiser at all times. We advise any customers with medical conditions including pregnancy, to avoid our activities.
Socks must be worn at all times and it is advisable to have children’s arms and legs fully covered, when using the slides to avoid friction burns. Dresses, skirts and shorts are not suitable. Children should use slides feet first in a sitting or lying position on their backs. Adult are only allowed on the soft play structure to assist with young children and must also wear socks. Our slides are designed for children’s play and adults using them do so at their own risk.
Is there parking nearby?
All of the parking within the Wainman Road industrial estate is shared by all businesses, and you are free to park in any spaces.
Is the centre available for private hire?
Whilst Big Sky is magical during the day, it’s even more fun when you have it to yourself, enjoy the Sky Rider, Trampolines, Climbing Wall, Razors and the Didi Cars without any queues. This option is the Private Hire, available Mon – Sat 6.30pm-8.30pm and Sun 5.30pm-7.30pm. Please note all customers are asked to leave within five minutes of the Private hire finish time. T&C’s apply.
Can I take photos or video footage of my children?
Cameras can be used at Big Sky. However, we ask that you be mindful of other customers and their privacy. Photos may only be taken of your children and guests. Video cameras are not permitted within our Big Sky.
Do you have lost property?
All belongings left at Big Sky are kept at reception for 1 month after their found date.
Can I give my feedback on my visit?
We love to receive feedback good or bad! Please complete our Feedback form online.
Birthday Party FAQs
Can I have my party at any time?
We operate designated party time slots. Please fill out our party enquiry form online or contact our office to ask about availability (Telephone: 01733 390810).
What is the duration of the party?
Each party lasts 2 hours. This encompasses 80 minutes of play and 40 minutes of party feast and fun in your party area.
What is the role of my party host?
Your party host is the key point of contact for the party. Please note that children remain the responsibility of the party parents at all times, as do all personal belongings. Any children arriving late will be shown to the party area to join in.
Do I get a refund if children do not attend on the day?
Unfortunately once numbers are confirmed we will not refund for any no shows on the day, we do however offer internal credit for no-shows.
Do I have to pay for children less than 12 months?
Children under 12 months are free but they will not have a seat at the party table, or party food.
What if the party children and parents forgot socks?
We sell socks at reception in case you’ve forgotten to pack them!
Can I come in 30 minutes before the party?
To maintain a clean environment for your party, we need to allow time to sanitize and reset the area for your party and allow the previous party time to vacate. We appreciate it if you can come in 15 minutes before the party time.
How early can my party guests come in?
Guest need to arrive 5 minutes before the start time. We allow the birthday family to arrive first before receiving their guests.
Can we bring outside food?
Children’s food is included in our party packages and we have a full service cafe and kitchen, which you can order from. Outside food and drinks are not permitted.
What if I have dietary requirements for Children’s Party Menu?
For further information on our party menu please view our website. You can either choose Standard /Vegetarian. For further dietary & allergy information, please contact our office.
Do the party packages include birthday cake?
Birthday cake is not included in the packages.
Can we extend the party?
No, we are not able to extend parties, however you may book and pay for two timeslots.
Can I take photographs/film of the party?
Photos are allowed but please bear in mind that you should not photograph any children that are not in your party. Video filming is not permitted. The Party Host/Duty Manager will monitor this for the privacy and comfort of all our guests.
Do we allow banners, pictures to be stuck on our walls?
Generally no, however if you have a specific request please call our office.
Do we allow customers to supply their own music?
Do we allow customers to supply their own adults’ food?
Do we allow customers to supply their own helium balloons?
Yes, if Big Sky cannot supply what is requested. However, they must be filled with helium before arrival.
Do we allow additional party games?
No – This is due to the time frame & structure of the party.