Are you fun, energetic and passionate about children? Big Sky Soft Play may be the perfect direction for you! Discover how great it is to work at our company. We offer a range of part time play coach positions which can be ideal for those looking for flexible hours.
As a Deputy Manager you will help the Operations Manager to organise, direct and co-ordinate all the resources and activities in the centre to enable Big Sky to fulfil its mission of: providing a high quality, educational play environment for children, and a comfortable place for adults to sit and relax while enjoying food and drink from our diner.
We are looking for a good all-rounder that isn’t afraid to get stuck in and get their hands dirty, while also able to manage and control a large team on a busy day.
- Supporting the Operation Manager in maintaining the Centre.
- Opening and closing the building.
- Carrying out health and safety checks.
- Monitor the Centre during the day to ensure “Safe Play” and that the structure is being monitored.
- Assisting and managing the team when needed.
- Attending weekly managers meetings.
- Cashing up at the end of the day.
- Helping to creating both good service and a fun work environment.
- Supporting the Operations Manager in assisting new staff and fully inducting them in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring the implementation and maintenance of legislation, company standards and procedures.
- Taking party bookings, confirm booking details and helping to organise and prepare the Centre for weekends.
- Outgoing and fun
- Well presented
- Customer focused
- Self-motivated & problem solver
- Ideally, at least GSCE grades in English and Maths – must be numerate
- Experience of working in a fast-past environment or leisure industry
- Good working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of POS systems desirable
Hours: Full Time including weekends
28 Days Paid Annual Leave (including Bank holidays).
Please apply if you have a minimum of 2 years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £8.00 to £9.50 /hour
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
Part-time Play Coaches
Setting: Big Sky Adventure Play
Application required by: As required by business requirements. Please contact the manager to see if any roles are currently available.
Details: If you are interested in working with children, taking on a range of responsibilities from running activities and rides, working in our cafeteria to greeting customers at reception, Big Sky is the place for you! As a Play Coach you will be involved in operations across the Big Sky centre, so if you are a hard-working, enthusiastic individual, motivated to work in an environment that values its staff, apply today!
Contact: Please contact the Big Sky manager using the details below Or visit the Big Sky centre to pick up an application form Or, if you have the ability to print, download an application form here